How it works:
BENEFITS OF PROGRAMME:
Gain a different perspective:
The purpose and aim of this programme is to group you with like-minded female founders who have the same business goals and intentions and are at a similar stage of their business as you. However, they might offer a different perspective than what you already have.
Explore new options or overlooked problems:
Listening to your peers and fellow successful and goal seeking founders will allow you to explore new options or identify problems that might have been previously overlooked.
Outside unemotional perspective:
We all know the stresses of starting up a company, Next Chapter is a sole female-founded company and is constantly reaching out to peers for feedback and advice. When it is your own company it is easy to become attached and emotionally drawn to your project. Having an outsider’s perspective may add a whole new light to your business that you didn’t know existed.
Provide a sounding board:
As many female founders are sole founders, a peer advisory board can provide an opportunity to discuss ideas, issues or wins in a supportive and positive environment.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAMME FOR?
Female founders who are:
- Ambitious with high-growth businesses
- Energetic who want to learn but also want to support and share with other female founders
- Interested in building a collaborative and supportive peer group to help you grow your business
- Interested in scaling or transforming their business
- Interested in seeking funding to grow their business
- Looking for investor guidance and insights
- Prepared to agree to “Chatham House” rules of keeping all information discussed confidential.
HOW WE SELECT AND GROUP FOUNDERS?
Each participant submits an application answering key questions to facilitate assessing and grouping founders
Each application is reviewed and detailed analysis and matching process occurs to ensure you are paired with founders who match your goals and have a similar level of business maturity as yourself.
Groups are also reviewed to ensure no business overlap or competition which could cause conflicts.
Consideration is given to investor expertise and industry focus in selecting entrepreneurs.
As we have limited spots available, not all applicants will be successful. However applicants can work with Next Chapter to reapply for future PAB cohorts.
WHY NEXT CHAPTER?
What makes our programme different to one-off networking and coffee catch-ups with fellow female founders?, We have invited investors to give their advice to your business as well so you can see if funding if the right next stage for you or, if this is already your goal, how to achieve it and be confident and prepared when approaching investors.
As part of the programme we provide a guided work plan and templates/worksheets to help you make the most of your meetups and make sure you are achieving your intended goals.
What you get for $349 USD:
Investor Guided PAB programme
1) Female founder matching; grouping you with appropriate fellow founders with similar business development goals and current stages,
2) Structured programme including work-plans and guidelines to help set agendas, achieve targets and set goals for the programme
3) Access to 3 investors via events and webinars
4) Access to female entrepreneurs community in this cohort and Next Chapter community
5) Cheatsheets for
a) Funding types pro and cons for each one
b) Pitch Preparations
1) Gain access to our directory and discover over 250 female-focused funding organisations; view their funding focus, application process and special reason ‘why we like them’.
2) Receive useful tips such as
– Business modeling tips
– Business valuations tips
– Do’s and Don’ts for approaching investors
– Exclusive discounts for our investor events!
3) Registration also allows subscribers to submit their company/startup profiles, and/or investment organisations.
All attendees receive 50% the full price of our “Get Funding Savvy” online course
THE PROBLEM WE SOLVE
Women-owned businesses struggle to obtain the necessary know-how to overcome barriers for raising capital and access investment funding for their businesses. This reduces the pipeline of innovation and restricting economic development in many countries.
WHO WE SOLVE THIS FOR?
Female-led businesses looking to grow their business through increased funding. Who want to learn and understand their options better and seek connections with funding organisations and investors.
Frustrations with current solutions
Each founder has different needs, wants and expectations around the capital they are looking to source. Often they are starting from a point of limited contacts or knowledge related to funding. Also from both the Founder and Investors viewpoints there is no one type of funding or capital that fits all so finding funding can be a time-consuming process.
We understand how hard it can be to launch and run a business. Therefore our vision is to build a community of networks and partnerships with other organisations, so that female entrepreneurs gain access to the capital and other resources they need to launch and grow successful businesses.